Purdue Club Hong Kong

The Purdue Club Hong Kong is the official alumni organization of Purdue University in the Hong Kong SAR, China. We welcome any Purdue alumni or faculty, current students and parents, or any other related persons to participate. We also welcome your ideas for activities. Hail Purdue! Go Boilers!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Purdue President Jischke to step down in 2007


WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Martin C. Jischke, whose visionary strategic plan and dynamic leadership took Purdue to new levels of excellence, will step down as the university's president on June 30, 2007.

Jischke announced his plans today (Friday, Aug. 4), stating that he believes the time will be right for both him and Purdue to move in new directions with the scheduled completion next June of both the strategic plan and the largest fund-raising campaign in Purdue history.

"My time at Purdue has been immensely satisfying for me, and I believe we have made some significant strides for both the university and the state of Indiana," Jischke said. "Completing the strategic plan goals and finishing the campaign will be my priorities in the year ahead, and I will devote all my energy to continuing the momentum we have established.

"After that, I would like to give myself and my family a chance to do some of the things we all enjoy. I also believe a great university like Purdue needs a change in leadership after a certain point. This is the right moment for Purdue and for me. We will have accomplished the goals we set. I am fortunate enough to be in excellent health, and I think Purdue is positioned to attract some exceptional talent to this job.

Original Source: http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html3month/2006/060804.Jischke.exit.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home